is constantly being improved with  

Sri Lanka eVisa

About Sri Lanka eVisa

Sri Lanka eVisa, also known as Electronic Travel Authorization or ETA, permits you to travel to Sri Lanka for a specified period of time. The different types of eVisas available for Sri Lanka are tourist, business and transit visas. With Red Carpet Assist, you can book your ETA quickly.

Types of eVisas

For Sri Lanka visa for Indians, there are three types of eVisas that are available:

  • 30 days Tourist eVisa- Double entry
  • 30 days Business eVisa- Double Entry
    • These visa types are valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The processing time is 24-48 hours. This visa type is not refundable.
  • 2 days (48 hours) transit visa- Single Entry
    • In order to apply for this eVisa, your passport validity should necessarily be 6 months from the date of arrival.This visa type is valid for 6 months from the date of issue.

These visas are extendable.

Documents required for
Sri Lanka eVisa

The documents required for Sri Lanka visa of any type are-

  • Passport copy first and last page with six months validity from the date of arrival.
  • Confirmed Return tickets.
  • Hotel Confirmations or any such supporting documents.

Documents required for

The following documents are required to be presented at immigration-

  • Your original passport which should have a validity of not less than six months from the date of arrival and with 3 back to back blank pages.
  • Confirmed Return tickets.
  • You should have sufficient funds for the expenditure that will be incurred during the trip.
  • You should have a clear copy of ETA.


Children under 16 years of age possessing separate passports should submit individual applications.

Exempted for ETA (Electronic Travel Authorization)

  • The Republic of Singapore.
  • The Republic of Maldives.
  • The Republic of Seychelles.
  • Children under 12 years of age.

It is advisable to keep a copy of the ETA approval with you to be produced at the port of entry. In cases where the child is travelling with parents and the parents are applying for business visa,the child has to apply for tourist visa.